Want to come work with our amazing team? Here’s your chance. Please apply for the job below at the Broad Careers website. Shoot me an email (maryc AT broadinstitute.org) if you have any questions.
|Job Title:||Senior Science Writer|
|Job:||Are you a writer who insists that prose be clear, concise, precise and persuasive? (Do you have an opinion on whether that string of adjectives should contain an Oxford comma?) Do you also love science so much that when you go to parties you find yourself explaining it to fascinated strangers? If so, this is the job for you. Come join a community of world-leading, free-thinking scientists and work directly with Institute leaders on a variety of projects that will support transformative biomedical research and nurture a new global movement to share genetic and clinical data. You’ll split your time between the Development Office and the Office of the Deputy Director and Chief Academic Officer. The ideal candidate will have an independent and current knowledge of and deep interests in genetics and other diverse areas of biomedicine, and must be comfortable working with scientists.
• Work with the Development Office to develop and prepare written proposals and slides explaining scientific opportunities to major donors, as well as other donor communications.
|Requirements:||• Required: Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience required and 7-10 years of experience will be strongly preferred
• Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and communication skills
• Extensive experience writing about and translating science concepts or other complex subjects
• Good understanding of genetics, biology, and/or data science
• Ability to convey complex concepts across many formats, structures, styles, and levels of technical expertise (lay and scientific)
• Demonstrated ability to learn and write quickly, meet deadlines, and multitask efficiently
• Ability and desire to work both independently and as part of a team and accommodate diverse viewpoints and needs
• Ph.D preferred
The Broad Institute will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.